This toolkit was inspired by the workshops held in Asia and Africa for the partners and members of the Violence is not our Culture (VNC) campaign.
While this toolkit has been designed primarily for the local partners and activists of the VNC campaign, this can be a resource, too, for human rights activists who are keen to develop their online activism and want to know where and how to to start.
Through this toolkit we hope that campaigners will acquire the following skills:
- An understanding of why and how information and communication technologies (ICTs) can be appropriated by women's rights and human rights groups in their advocacy skills through their use of online tools, including networking and mobile tools for advocacy and campaigning
- The ability to develop an advocacy / communication strategy
- Knowing what social neworking is and the various spaces and tools they could use in their online activism
- An understanding of online privacy and security issues relevant to building their online activism.
We are very grateful to the following for their invaluable support in making this project a reality:
- The MDG3 Fund / Women Re-claiming Re-defining Culture (WRRC) Programme
- Our partners for their stories, images and work that have inspired this project
- Colleagues in the Association for Progressive Communication Women's Networking SupportProgramme (APC WNSP) and Violence is not our Culture (VNC) Programme.