PeaceWomen promotes the role of women in preventing conflict, and the equal and full participation of women in all efforts to create and maintain international peace and security. PeaceWomen amplifies the voices and priorities of women and helps to empower women as agents of change in their communities.
• Provides the only centralized clearinghouse and space for information on women, peace and security through the PeaceWomen Portal
• Advocates for the full implementation of the United Nations Security Council Resolutions on women, peace and security, SCR 1325 (2000), 1820 (2008); 1888 (2009); and 1889 (2009).
• Monitors of the United Nations Security Council and UN Entities through PeaceWomen's Resolution Watch, Report Watch & Debate Watch
• Successfully coordinates the translation of Security Council Resolution 1325 into over 100 languages
• Promotes and advocates for the integration of gender analysis into governance, peace and security work at the UN
• Provides leadership to and participate in the NGO Working Group on Women Peace and Security, a collaboration of civil society actors co-founded by WILPF, as well as other key networks and campaigns
• Provides training tool and mechanisms for accountability
• Provide a news service via email and E-Newsletters to thousands of UN, NGOs, academics, governments and other actors around the world
Maria Butler, PeaceWomen Project Associate