1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters.
3. Follow-up to the Fourth World Conference on Women and to the twenty-third special session of the General Assembly, entitled “Women 2000: gender equality, development and peace for the twenty-first century”:
(a) Implementation of strategic objectives and action in critical areas of concern and further actions and initiatives:
(i) Priority theme: women’s economic empowerment in the changing world of work;
(ii) Review theme: challenges and achievements in the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals for women and girls;
(b) Emerging issues, trends and new approaches to issues affecting the situation of women or equality between women and men: empowerment of indigenous women;
(c) Gender mainstreaming, situations and programmatic matters.
4. Communications concerning the status of women.
5. Follow-up to Economic and Social Council resolutions and decisions.
6. Provisional agenda for the sixty-second session of the Commission.
7. Adoption of the report of the Commission on its sixty-first session.