The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) is pleased to invite young people from Council of Europe member states to apply for participation in our training course “Youth and Diversity – Does Gender Matter?”. The training course will take place from 9-14 September 2010 in The Hague, Netherlands.
Aims and Objectives
• To bring youth organisations working on peace, multiculturalism and intercultural dialogue from across Europe together
• To raise awareness on gender issues in Europe, especially among youth organisations
• To analyze and debate the role youth organisations can have in addressing gender issues in a multicultural society
• To introduce the participants to gender concepts, the importance of gender and equality in peacebuilding and intercultural dialogue and their work
• To help participants develop the adequate skills, knowledge and tools needed for gender analysis and gender mainstreaming, in order for them to be more gender sensitive
• To share best practices and lessons learned
• To promote community and solidarity as Europeans, and to fight intolerance, prejudice and racism
The training course will take place over 4 days. A detailed programme will be sent a few weeks prior to the training course.
20 people aged 18-30 from Council of Europe member states
Where: The Hague, The Netherlands
When: 9-14 September (including arrival and departure days)
Language: The working language will be English.
Application: To complete the application, please click here.
Deadline for Application
18 July 2010
The participation fee for the training course is 50 Euros per person. This amount will be deducted from the amount reimbursed from the travel expenses.
Accommodation and Meals
Accommodation in a youth hostel (rooms of 2 and 4) and meals are provided.
For More Information
For more information, please click here.